Monday, July 7, 2014

Pride Rock (or 2nd 1st day of ASP)

Chelsea F, Mary, Brian, Alexis, Chris, Yvonne

This year is my second year of ASP, which is a lot less intimidating than the first year.  Although I still don't know everyone I was eager for ASP rather than anxious like last year.  I've already made new friends and  re-acquainted myself with old ones.  The first day on the job is always long, but it's exhilarating.  Our homeowner is a very talkative man and very personable.  He struggles with a degenerative disease that impairs his mobility.  So basically we're making his house more handicap friendly.  Today I got to work on the bathroom.  I bonded with Alexis (she didn't go on ASP last year) by tearing up floor boards, cutting out a bathtub and hitting down walls.  At one point while I was taking a sledge hammer to the wall she told me to pretend it was an ex-boyfriend.  We became friends quickly.  I look forward to rebuilding the bathroom with her tomorrow and interacting with the homeowner once again.

Chelsea F.

No comments: