Thursday, July 10, 2014

From One to Another

Today was my first full day with my new crew.  I was tasked with spackling and painting the backroom of the house.  After the spackle had dried we sanded it down and got ready to paint.  By the end of the day the first coat of paint was done.  Elsewhere in the house both the kitchen and bathroom floor were being redone.  The kitchen is almost done and the bathroom isn't far behind.

After work we had the ASP picnic.  Neither of my families came, but some of the other ones did.  It was fun being able to see the families and a bunch of us volunteers hung out with the kids.

I cant wait for tomorrow because we get to see all our hard-work pay off.  It's also a sad day because it is our last day with our families.  I can't wait to come back next year

Zak Opdycke

Original crew: Little House #1
New Crew: Clarabell, John O., Sara F., Katy G., Tyler S., Billy G., Rachel S.

(Zack volunteered to switch crews to help Clarabell out with their work load, with the agreement of both crews)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where was "Clarabell" when I needed you for my OWN little "ASP" here in Jersey? SHHH...its a secret, so I can't say..