Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Little House on the Prairie

Ryan C.

Our project is to repair a tin roof for one of the families in Virginia.  To fix the leaking roof, we plan on drilling wooden planks over the old tin roof. Then drilling the new tin on the wooden planks.  The plan was thought up by the work site leaders, Doug F. and Lee G.  They both have contracting experience which makes everyone's lives a little easier.  However the work is still very challenging because we are working under the hot sun. 

Before showing up to the work site I heard that the house I was working on was one of the nicest houses in the ASP program.  However I was shocked when I saw the condition of the house.  The roof leaked in most of the rooms and there was duct tape on the peak of the roof.  Fortunately the kids were extremely happy and friendly.  

All in all, I hope my group successfully fixes the roof and accomplishes our goal of helping the families in the Appalachia region.  

Doug F., Lee G., Mike B., Kevin S., Melissa B., Sam B., Noah M., Matt L., Rob T., Zack O., Kalyn N., Ryan C. 

No comments: