Friday, July 11, 2014

All You Need Is Love

Chelsea Sebastian here from the crew "True Penny." Our work crew consisted of John Casale, Mike Mulvihill, Erin Cascio, Max Biedermann, Josh Swan, and Zak Dagnall. Our crew was nothing short of amazing. Another ASP trip, another amazing experience, another chance to help those in need. Every year is different and there are always different things to say about each one. We travel to the Appalachian Mountains to make a difference and help families that truly need it. Our lives back home in Jersey get crazy. Admit it: you're always saying "I'm too busy" or "I need to check my schedule" or "maybe if I have time." We were put on this earth to live our lives and face it; they get chaotic. Of course, there is no problem with that. If your life is chaotic that means there is a lot going on and you're in fact living your life. However, that chaos can make us forget the little things and what is really important. Life is short, and we need to be living it. That statement is completely true, but we also have to take a step back once in awhile and really open our eyes to this life we are living. ASP gives us a chance to do just that. Speaking from personal experience, the past couple months have been chaotic to say the least. My mind was overwhelmed and I was looking around at the world around me but not seeing what was right in front of me. I needed to take a step back. This past semester at college was extremely difficult and as soon as I got home I jumped right into work. I haven't given myself the chance to really take a step back and just breathe. I was looking around at the world around me but not truly seeing. Coming on this trip allowed me to take that step back that I've been needing and realizing what is truly important. Life is all about happiness and living our lives. My foot tattoo says "Live Laugh Love" and I am a true believer in doing just that: living, laughing, and loving. This past week was all about love. We come to these mountains to love each other, love the families we are helping, and learn to love ourselves again even when it seems that our lives have become chaotic. I get emotional every year about my experience and how amazing it is. This year gave me the chance to open my eyes again to what I have been distracted from. Love is really all you need.

No comments: