Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday July 3, day one at walle (Molly) working with Keith, Melissa, Jamie, Molly Betsy, Melissa
 
Upon arriving at the project I noticed immediately that for this family, this is normal. The cluttered yard, the damaged toys, the chained dog. The kids do not see anything wrong with the way they live, and finding it in myself to not judge was the hardest part so far. But, we started working and I quickly realized how grateful they were. The oldest son wanted to make sure everything was done right, I figured because this was his home. He wanted everything to be perfect for his sisters new room. It surprised me to see how they played as we worked. The youngest daughter found rocks and flowers and thought they were the most fun toys. They boy found a frog and played with it for hours. They have very little, and appreciate everything they have. That touched me, because I realize I have so much and treat it all as tangible, replaceable items. They do not. I am touched by this, and cannot wait to see them again and continue our project 

By Molly. 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: