Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Hello all!!

Hello all!  My name is Katy Timar on team Wheezy (after the toy story character.)  This week my crew is working on a new build which means the original home was unlivable so we are creating a completely new home.  The other groups before us gave us a solid start, so my crew is working from the frame of the house, we are helping frame the interior walls and finishing a front porch.  This house has been a really interesting challenge because it is raised about 10 to 15 feet in the air, so getting inside the home means running up the ramp.  This trip has been really interesting for me because I have been able to use skills from my first trip where we built a deck and have gotten to learn the new skill of interior framing.  My crew of John C., Jill D., Mike and Bernie B and Laura H. has been spectacular.  In this year of ASP I have really gotten to feel the community of all of the participants.  Happy Independence Day!  And if your wondering, my brother and I didn't both coose this day on purpose, it was a happy accident.  #TimariTuesday

Katy Timari

No comments: