Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pago Pago 2
Our crew is working on a kitchen floor and a wheelchair ramp. We had a slow start at first but the enthusiasm of our crew is endless. We are having a great time with each other and have shared many laughs. Our homeowner is appreciative of what we are doing for her. As usual, the experience is amazing and has opened our eyes to what we are grateful for. Tomorrow is our last day and we can't believe how fast this week has gone. We were enriched with excitement today when the piece of wood meant for the kitchen floor fit perfectly today. Our crew got not only the posts up today but a big part of the wheelchair ramp. We just got back from our picnic and even though it was rainy, we enjoyed ourselves and shared smiles as well as food. Our nights have consisted of ice cream runs and intense dodge ball games. My crew is combined with another crew and I couldn't have asked for a better crew to work with. I have learned so much about the people I'm spending so much time with and the memories we have shared will be cherished. This week of ASP is a week I look forward to for a very long time, and I love every single person on this trip. My crew leaders John and Mike are the greatest, and I'm working with my best friends Erin, Sam and Kalyn. We are combined with Laura, Matt, Ben, Zach, Kira and Matt and we have had such a great time together. Speaking on the behalf of not just myself but our whole crew, we are having a great week and can't believe tomorrow is Friday. We plan on finishing our project and doing it with a smile. I am so grateful for getting to experience ASP every summer and I wouldn't have it any other way. This group of people are the most amazing people I have ever met and they never fail to make me smile. We are all safe and miss everyone at home. God bless.

Chelsea Sebastian

No comments: