Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Team Khartoum II

Our task is to fix leaks in our homeowners roof and to build a safer staircase inside the house.

Our homeowner is Bill and Annie – Consider themselves newlyweds after 8 years of marriage – they are a wonderful funny pleasurable couple to work for.  We can not forget Bobo the family dog – he is there every morning to meet us.

Nick Weaver – As my first year of ASP I have already found a loving interest in helping others.  When I arrived at the work sight I was blown away by the quality of the houses compared to ours.  As I started building the roof I realized how good I have it at home.  I know I will come back again I cant wait 'til next year.

Jeff Alplizar – This being my first year.  After the 1st day at the sight fixing the roof – it made me feel I am lucky to have what I have.  After working on the roof it made me want to do ASP again next year.  It makes me think I can help a lot of different people.  I'm glad I came.

Emily Bowers – This is my 2nd ASP trip.  I built stairs for our homeowner.  I can't wait for Bill to use them in his house.  If I had a choice my most favorite job is putting the roof together.

Rachel Shaefer – This is my 2nd ASP trip – I am very happy when there is a lot of work to do so we don't have to stand around.  I was chosen to go on the house inspection on Sunday – to be one of the 1st to see the job and meet the family we will be working for.  I thought I would see a big roof that we would have to remove but instead we had to build a roof on top of another roof.  I have a sense of accomplishment when my ability to cut wood to the measurement needed AWSOMELY.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of the team. Glad to finally hear how it's going. Enjoy the rest of the week

Unknown said...

I am very glad to hear that the work is going well and safe. I am also very excited that Jeff and the others are learning these basic important skills that will be carried on. Meeting people, cleaning up stuff that isnt ours and making a difference in someone else's life, just to begin.
Thanks to all of the leaders for taking on our kids.
Chris Todd

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! Glad this is going well, not only for what they have been doing for others, but for their self-improvement as human beings. It is a good learning, a good help, a good action!
All good things are always rewarded! GREAT JOB!

Wexford said...

There are few people like you guys on this planet, lets hope it catches on to others! Very proud.

Great job you guys, keep up the good work!

GO Team Khartoum II!!!!

Dan Weaver said...

One of the most Christian things you can say to someone is - How can I help? You guys aren't asking you are doing! We are very proud of you.