Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tattoo Day


Hi, my name is Katy Goodson and I am on the team “Slimer” for ASP. My group consists of seven members – Tommy Bruno, Eric Crawford, Max Biederman, Andy Biederman, Danika Yacik, Laura Goodson, and myself.

We are roofing the house of an elderly couple – Tina and Jimmy Jones. The roof needed to be shingled on one side and the other side needed plywood and then shingles.

Today is Wednesday and we worked on the house from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. We left for the Jones’ house at 8:45 am and when we got there we immediately headed for the roof. We started quickly because we knew that the rain would come around 1:00 pm and we can’t roof in the rain.

We shingled the roof until 12:00, and in those hours we really had a good time together. In our group, Tommy and Eric tattooed everyone with sharpies on the roof because it was “tattoo day.” I got a seahorse from Tommy on my shoulder.

Around 12:45 the rain started coming, so our group left the roof. We went to our car and ate lunch. Then we talked with Tina and Jimmy. We presented Tina with a prayer shawl made by members of our church. Then we talked with Jimmy about a variety of stuff. Jimmy is a funny guy with clear opinions. We talked with him about music, food, weather, and other things.

We really got closer with our family today and after our group left their home, at 1:00 pm, I felt like I had shown Tina and Jimmy that I really cared about them.

Katie Goodson

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Hope The "Slimers" are treating Andy well on his big B-day!

See ya soon - miss you ALL big time!