Monday, July 7, 2008

Newbie Impressions

Since this is my first ASP trip, I had no idea what to expect. I asked some of the ASP veterans in our group to give me some input so I could attempt to prepare myself for the upcoming week. Now that my first day of work is behind me, I can put some sense behind all the information gathered.

My expectations of the work and the family were right on the money. The people were kind and it's very apparent they need our help. So that being said, I wasn't surprized with what I found.

Now the thing that has opened my eyes more than anything else are the ASP participants. If you ever want to see God's hand at work, come on an ASP trip. I'm surrounded by people that most certainly have a million other places to spend a week of vacation. But those people have come here to help those in need. They don't do it for fun, thanks, or praise. They just do it because it's needed.

I'm honored and proud to be here with them all.

Andy Biederman

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Glad to see and hear that you all made it there safe and sound. Please know that we are with you in spirit, as well as in thunderstorms; as we are having our fair share of bad weather here too.

We think of you always, as well as the families you are helping, and keeping you all in our prayers.

Sorry we keep missing your calls, Andy.

Please visit Sonic on the way home for us!

AND PLEASE POST MORE PICTURES!

Delia said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Thanks Andy.