Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Funions and the Devil Dogs, also known as Sunflower Seed Butter 1 and Sunflower Seed Butter 2 were lucky enough to be double crewed on a double trailer site. The Funions crew members include Lori Bowers, John Casale, Laura Heath, Adam Timari, Brandon Blyk, and myself Jenna Costantino. As for the awesome Devil Dogs their crew members are Laura Goodson, John Almindinger, Juliana Powers, Danielle Lorah, Noah Smyth, and Scott DeMouth. 

On the double trailer site both groups worked together to "hug the house." Meaning, we used flashing and foam boards to prepare the house to be sided after we gave the house more support by putting in many 2 by 4's. 

Personally, I love being double crewed and working with more people because it adds to the idea of becoming a family and working together for someone else. Thanks to the helpful and funny adult leaders of the groups, I felt very confident in what I was doing while also having a lot of fun. 

On Tuesday June 5th, a man stopped by our work site while we were taking our lunch break to thank us for being apart of ASP and helping out the home owner. As he was thanking us he shared how faithful he is and stories where the lord answered his prayers. His experiences had an effect on me and made me realize that if you walk in faith, God will always be there for you. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to join ASP and work with such a grateful and loving group of people. I can't wait to be back next year!
- Jenna Costantino

No comments: